SCHOOL ANNUAL REPORT 2019-2020
Education is an opportunity to open children’s hearts and minds to the unbelievable wonders of the universe. A time to pause, reflect and regenerate. I wish to begin with our spectacular performance on the academic front.
An orientation programme was conducted on 24th May 2019 for our school
teachers by respected principal Mrs Rajeshwari Iyer regarding the topic “Classroom Management and Classroom Discipline”.
Another Orientation programme was conducted on 25th May 2019 for our school teachers
on the topic “ Identification and assessment of children with learning disabilities and managing them in regular classroom” by Psychologist, Special Educator and Principal of Nireekshe Special School, Mysuru, Dr.Hemamalini Krupakar.
With the sole purpose of updating teachers’s knowledge they attended a series of workshops like Competency Building programme in English, organised by Christ Public School Mysuru, Math workshop organised by CBSE in Pai Vista Hotel, Mysuru, English workshop conducted by Oxford English Access resource people etc to name a few.
On 27th May 2019 students of 6th,7th,8th,9th and 10th had taken part in an awareness
Jatha conducted by V.V.Puram Traffic Police regarding the safe transportation of children to the schools in autorickshaws and buses.
On June 6th 2019 Investiture Ceremony was conducted in A.P.J.Abdul Kalam
Auditorium followed by Environment day Celebration on the same day. State level Athlete M. R. Dhanusha was the Chief guest of Investiture ceremony. School Head boy, Headgirl, Captains and Vice captains received sashes, badges and flags from the chief guest. Dr Vijayalakshmi Muralidhar, Secretary , Mahajana Education Society was the Guest of honour of the function. Later, on the same day Environment day Jatha and programmes were inaugurated by Smt, Bhagyalakshmi, an eminent Environmentalist from Mysuru. Children donated plants to mark the day and went for a Jatha to create awareness regarding Save Environment.
On 21st June Music Day as well as Yoga day was celebrated at A.P.J.Abdul Kalam
Auditorium .Dr. Anilkumar. C. S. was the chief guest of the day. He spoke about the importance of Yoga in life. Children sang Bhajans and performed simple Yogasanas during the function.
On August 15th, 73rd Independence Day was celebrated by Mahajana public School
in association with the sister concerns in Mahajana P.U. College premises. Sri. C.V. Gopinath, Retired Additional Chief Secretary, Govt of India was the chief guest of the day.The function was precided over by Hon. Secretary Dr. Vijayalakshmi Muralidhar, Vice President T.Muralidhar Bhagavat and Prof .P. Sarojamma ,Administrative officer of MES. Mahajana Public School. Children Sang patriotic Song and Naresh.B of 8th std spoke about “Mahatma Gandhi”, Father of our nation . Our School Principal Mrs Rajeshwari Iyer Proposed Vote of thanks on the day.
On September 5th 2019 Teachers Day was celebrated in Subhalakshmi Hall. Students from 6th to 10thstd presented various cultural programmes and took the celebration to a whole new level through their astonishing performances.
On 8th September teachers participated in the teachers day celebration organised by
MES in Mahajana Post Graduate centre, KRS Road.
As usual Ganesha Idol making, Gowri Ganesha Festival and gombemane pooja was organised in the school premises. Children showcased their talents while making Ganesha Idols and the same idols were kept for Ganesha Festival celebration.
On November 1st Kannada Rajyotsava Day was celebrated in Vivekananda hall
along with other sister concerns. Mysuru Krishnamurthy was the chief guest for the function. Kannada HOD Chetana.P. did the compering. 10th sd students Indu Mahesh and Omkar received the certificates for the toppers in Kannada. A mime show depicting he importance of Kannada was performed by our school children.
Annual Sports Day was celebrated in Jagdish Prasad Stadium on 2nd November. Prof. P. Sarojamma, Administrative officer, MES was the chief guest of the function. The programme went on very well under the guidance of our Principal Mrs. Rajeshwari Iyer. Individual, Housewise and team events were conducted on the same day.Tagore House won the Best house trophy. Lakshya Subbhaiah of10th std and Dhananvi Vamanan of 8th std won the Championship trophy for Girls and Boys repectively.
15th School Annual Day was celebrated on 13th December 2019 in APJ Abdul
Kalam Auditorium. The theme of the program was “Festivals of India”. Shri S.SureshKumar, Primary, Secondary and Sakala Minister, was being decided as the chief guest of the function. Due to his busy schedule he was unable to attend the function. Dr,Pandu Ranga , DDPI, North Zone, Mysore, H,N Sathish ,Professor and head of tourism department of Mahajana post graduate centre were the chief guests in his absence. our school President Shri Muralidhar Bhagavat, vice president Shri. B.S. Ravikumar and secretary Dr. Vijayalaksmi Muralidhar was the guest of honour of the day. Children showcased their talents and all the programmes were really mind blowing.
On 1st February 2020 one day workshop was conducted for 9th std children in
Subhalakshmi hall. The resource person of the programme was Shraman Kumar Bohra , a candidate who represented India at the “Study of U. S Institutes” Student Global Leadership Program at University of Washington, Seattle-U.S.A. The program named “ from STEM to STE(A)M” was about integrating Art in Education. Children learned to make some mathematics and science models based upon important concepts.
Saraswathi pooje was celebrated on 14th February in the school premises. Out going
10std students sang bhajans on that day and were wished by our School Secretary Dr.Vijayalakshmi Muralidhar.
A memorable Farewell party was organised for the 10th std children on 15th
February in Subhalakshmi hall. Entire event was organised by 9th std children .They also entertained the teachers and their seniors by performing some cultural programmes.
In Academic Year 2019-2020 our school children participated in a number of External Examinations and competitions and achieved prizes. To list a few
(1) Manasasarovar Pushkarini Vidyashrama had conducted Samskuthotsava on 26- 7-2019, Aahana Relekar of 4th std won I prize in Bhagavadgita chanting.
(2) St.Joseph’s Central School, Yelwal, Mysuru had conducted an interschool Drawing Competition on 3rd August 2019, Aahana.A.Relekar of 4th std and Samskruthi of 8th std secured I prizes and Samith Gowda. S of 2nd std, Kushi of 4th std secured II prizes in different categories.
- Amrutha Vidyalayam had conducted “Amruth Sanskritotsav” on 17-8-2018. In 1st to 4th std category our school students Thanushree, K.M, Chiranjeevi.N, and Lahari, won II prize in “Achuthashtakam”. In 5thto 7th category Navya.K, Sinchana.M, Prakruthi. N, Shamanth Gowda.Y.P, Mayur.M.Gowda, Ronald Christopher and Nikhil.V.Gowda secured III prize in Bhajan. In the same category again Prakruthi. P.S, Harshitha.H.L, Jeevithashree.S and Satvik.A got III prize in “Sambhashan Pradarshan”, from 8th to 10th std category Sumanth.M got III prize in “Subhashit Kantapad”, Hamsini.K.M, Hrithik Naveen, Samskruthi.R, SuruchiDey, Yashaswini. N, Abhay V Anathi and Sanjith.M.D got III prize in “Ashtak Kandapad” .
- As a part of 73rd Independence Day celebration an Essay writing Competition
was conducted by SBRR Mahajana P.U College. Gauri.M. Kanodia secured certificate and a cash award of Rs 200 in that.
- Life Insurance Corporation of India , Mysuru Branch had celebrated Insurance Week-2019.Various competitions like Drawing,Singing and Group Quiz competitions were conducted for higher primary and high school students on 4thOctober and 6th October Vineeth Raj.Pof 5th std, Amulya.Aof 6th std and Prakruthi.N of 7th std won I prize in singing competiton . In Quiz competition Surya Rangan, Omkar of 10th std and Chiranjeevi Gowda of 9th std secured II Prize and a cash award of Rs 400 each.
- WIZ NATIONAL SPELL BEE COMPETITION was arranged on 24thOctober 2019 in the school 35 students got selected for the second level competitions which were conducted in the month December.
- National Olympiad Indian Talent exam for various subjects like Science, Mathematics, English and General knowledge was conducted in our school premises from 18th to 20th November . 364children participated in that and 22 children received Excellence Medal Award, State Topper Award and Cash Prizes of 1000Rs, 500Rs
- Round Table -21(Mysore Ladies Circle initiative) conducted an Inter School Cultural competition based upon the theme “Technology and Social Media, Finding the right Balance” by Mysore Round table-2 Mysore Ladies Circle on 30thNovember Our school children participated in Singing competition, Mime show, Essay writing, Debate competition and won prizes as follows,8 students won II prize in music Subhash of 10th std won II prize in Kannada debate competition,12 students won II prize in Mime show.
- Vivekananda Rock Memorial and Vivekananda Kendra on the occasion of Gita Jayanti conducted variouscompetitions like Bhagavadgita chanting, Drawing and Quiz c Our school students won prizes as In Bhagavadgita competition
Aahana.A.Relekar got I prize, Shree Hari got II prize, Karthikeya and Abramshu secured concellation prizes in 1st to 4th std category, Sumanth.M won I prize in 5th to 8th std category. In drawing competition under 1stto 4th std category Khushi.M.B won I prize, Prakul.R.Jain and Shamith Gowda won concellation prizes, in 8th to 10th category Vinay.M got II prize , Tejas.K, Samsruthi and Amritha.P.Shenoy secured concellation prizes, In Quiz Competition Manisha.M and Chiranjeevi Gowda won concellation prizes.
- Sita Ranga Memmorial conducted an Interschool Music competition on 12.2019. Prakruthi.P.S won I prize and Prakruthi.N won concellation prize in Junior Category and Srividya.R of 10std won I Prize in senior category.
- MSSC in association with CBSE conducted an interschool singing competition( in patriotic song)Our school children won 2ndprize in
- In Rashtrabasha Hindi Exam conducted by Rashtrabasha Vikas Parishad
,Pune around 20 students were specially awarded with Adarsh Vidhyarthi Puraskar followed by Gold medals and certificates. School secured Aadarsh Paatashala Puraskar award, Our School Principal was conferred with Aadarsh Pradhanacharya Title and Hindi teachers were honoured with Rashtra Basha Gaurav Puraskar.
- An interschool competition “Science Fest” was conducted in Ramakrishna Institute of Moral and Spiritual Education RIMSE and 15 students from our school participated in
- CBSE organised a number of Inter School and Inter District competitions in Science, Mathematics, English etc . Our school students participated in Science Model making competition which was organised in P.S School, Bangalore. They stayed in Bangalore for two days, on 22ndand 23rd December. Two models were made by them, one based upon the topic sustainable agricultural practices and another one based upon the topic Industrial development. Pramod Kumar Sharma , Chiranjeevi Gowda , Mrinal and Shashank P. Gowda of 9th std participated in that, Story Telling competitions were conducted in Social Science, English and Hindi subjects. Audio clippings made by children were sent online for the same to the CBSE Board.
- Children participated in drawing competition conducted by Rotary West Saraswathipuram on the topic “Save Electricity and conservation of Nature” and got participation
I am sure that in the coming years we shall successfully channelize the halo of the young minds to explore the best of their abilities.
Towards the end, I thank the supportive management whose continuous support to our ideology of education has enabled the school to come this far. Teachers and entire staff members also deserves applause for their tireless efforts in implementing the route map imparting quality education here.
I also extend my heartfelt thanks to the parents of our students who have shown unflinching faith in us by giving us the profound opportunity to transform their children into truly useful citizens of the future world.
With that, let us foresee a world of universal singularity where our children are going to be the propellant of this change and the world shall be a beautiful place to live in ....!!!